Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Cheesy Chicken Ranch Lasagna

I tried this recipe. I was not exactly thrilled with it. Nor was anyone in the family. BUT we are a very picky family. Also, I messed up a few times. So I would give it a try. I know I will be trying it again. I also tried it with penne noodles. I also forgot to take an after it was finished picture. Though I did manage to get a before picture.

ingredients
  • 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
  • 1 (1 oz) pkg. dry Ranch dressing mix (not the dip blend)
  • 3 Cup cubed, cooked chicken
  • 1 (16oz) lasagna noodles, cooked
  • (9 noodles)
  • 1 1/2 - 2 Cups cheddar cheese, grated
  • 1 1/2 - 2 Cups mozzarella cheese, grated



directions
  • 1 Combine
    evaporated milk and Ranch dressing (and pepper if desired) in a 3 quart
    heavy saucepan. Heat over low heat, stirring frequently until dry
    ingredients are dissolved. Simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes, stirring
    frequently.
  • 2 Sauce will thicken slightly.
  • 3 Cook lasagna noodles until al dente.
  • 4 Layer half of lasagna noodles, chicken, sauce, and cheese in well-greased 9×13 pan.
  • 5 Repeat layers again.
  • 6 Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
  • 7 Let rest 10 minutes before serving.




notes
1/8tsp pepper (optional)

*Try penne pasta (maybe like 2 1/2 C worth pasta uncooked) and do it like a casserole.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment